Openshot is one of powerful Video editor in Linux environment. It is free, simple to use with rich feature.
In this article we will discuss about how to install Openshot for Ubuntu from ppa. Any Ubuntu version and any architecture is fine. However in this article I will use Ubuntu 12.10 desktop edition.
The version we will install is 1.4.3 with following new features:
- New transitions: 6 bars, boxes
- New dark theme
- New 3D animations: Realistic EArth, Exploding Text, Dissolving Text
- Improved Drag & Drop features
- Apply Effects to Tracks
- Adjust Speed of Animated Titles
- New effects: Sharpness, Vignette, Lens Correction, more (10+)
As said before, we will install Openshot from ppa. Therefore we need to add the ppa key. Do this with root privileges.
Then update the repository to get the latest index.
The installation goes smooth like other application. Invoke following command with root privilege:
apt-get install openshot frei0r-plugins
At this point, Openshot has been installed successfully.tools